Thursday, February 16, 2017

"I'll Never Call You My Bitch Or Even my boo cause there's So Much In A Name And So Much More In You."

"I never knew a lo- lo- lo a love like this/got to be something for me to write this/Queen I ain't seen you in a minute/wrote this letter and finally decided to send it..."

The opening verse to an incredible song "The Light" off the album "Like Water For Chocolate" by Chicago artist Common.

More than the opening stanza the words of the song resonate deeply with me and did so the day I began to see myself as a King in training and a man awaiting the arrival of my Queen.




"it's important, we communicate
And tune the fate of this union to the right pitch"

The power of communication is often underplayed yet rarely do we find any relationship that works that doesn't site good communication as a foundation of trust, love and the very relationship itself.

Communication, good communication, takes work but, like the song says:


"love ain't simple/Why can't it be/anything worth having/you work at annually."

Love takes work - self work and work on the relationship every single day. 

It's a reality that few fairytales and Hollywood stories highlight so we often for get that the beginning of a loving relationship isn't the end of working on that loving relationship and working on ourselves.



"I never call you my bitch or even my boo/there's so much in a name and so much more in you."


Part of communication is realizing that words hold great value and that what we say can help or hurt our partner, ourselves and our relationship.

To call a Queen anything less is to diminish her worth and by nature our own. And when we begin to devalue our treasure, we start down a dangerous road and start towards the end of that relationship.

As a King, it is my goal to provide a loving and peace filled environment safe for the growth of my Queen, our relationship and myself. In doing that I must diligently be aware of my words, my thoughts and my actions to ensure they are congruent with what I aim to do and in line with what my Queen needs. And one thing she never needs, is to be seen as less than the treasure she is.
Thanks for reading.
See you next time.
M.

www.MarkSparks.com
Instagram: @marksparksinc

No comments: