Saturday, February 4, 2017

"Hey Train Wreck, This Isn't Your Station."

We're not totally responsible for what we attract in life, but we are responsible for what we decide to entertain.

When people or situations (which are generally brought by people, so people) come into our lives that is when our choice begins - do we entertain what they are bringing or do we let it pass?

Do we hold onto the lessons they are teaching or do we let them pass?

One of the wisest pieces of advice I ever got was that just because a thing comes my way isn't a reason to engage it and that I don't need to engage everything that comes my way.


This decision to choose what I engage with, what I spend energy and other resources on, what I entertain in my life created a sense of peace and power that I was lacking before. Sure, I've got a ways to go and grow in order to really reap the benefits of the wisdom shared with me but being aware of this power alone makes me stronger.

We are not obligated to take on everything that comes our way. And it's okay to tell the train that we aren't their station.

M.

Thanks for reading.
See you next time.
M.



www.MarkSparks.com
Instagram: @marksparksinc

No comments: