Thursday, January 17, 2013

Beating Fear's Power Of Paralysis. Maybe. ©

-->
“Fear comes from uncertainty. When we are absolutely certain,
whether of our worth or worthlessness, we are almost impervious to fear.”
       -William Congreve


“It’s very simple. This is what I believe & I’m willing to die for it.
I know who I am, I know what I believe & that’s all I need to know.”
-Will Smith
 
It’s true isn’t it that we fear most what we don’t know. There have been studies done where more folks would rather hear “you have cancer” than wait for the results. Fear of the unknown. It’s the reason we fear taking risks, whether that is asking a person on a date or starting our own company. Fear becomes the reason that we generally do not progress as we desire. Sure fear has many manifestations but don’t be fooled, most things boil down to fear:
“I don’t want to ask her out” - fear of being hurt.
“I don’t want to be vulnerable” - fear of not being loved.
“I don’t want to speak up about my idea” - fear of being made fun of.
“I don’t want to express my originality” - fear of not fitting in.
“I’ll settle for whatever I can get” - fear of being alone.
“I could never achieve that” - fear of success.
Fear. And all because we don’t know what lies on the other side of our efforts. So the key is a simple one, though hardly considered easy. The key to beating fear is two fold. First we must become comfortable in not knowing, as in “I don’t know what is going to happen, I don’t know what the outcome will be but I am okay with that because regardless of what happens it will not effect my own view of my self or my self worth.” Like Will Smith said, “It’s very simple. This is what I believe & I’m willing to die for it. I know who I am, I know what I believe and that’s all I need to know.”
Next, as each case of fear comes up we must deal with them head on knowing that we are certain of our self and self worth. When we do our inner work – that is to explore & become aware of our own beliefs and to fully realize how unique and wonderful we each are - fear looses its power of paralysis. Sure we’ll never be without fear nor is all fear a bad thing but when we gain the ability to make decisions and take action as we choose and not as fear chooses we take back the power that is rightfully ours. The power to feel and do as we choose, to decide our destiny as we see fit.
Or something like that, I’m not sure. But I’m okay with that.

I wish You the greatest blessings and deepest Love on Your Journey.
M.


If You Enjoyed This Piece, Please Subscribe To www.MarkSparksWrites.com by entering Your email address in the top right hand corner of the page, thanks!



No comments: