Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Offer. ©

A poetic reiteration of a real life conversation.
Thank you for reading,
Mark Sparks

This woman stood there
Waiting for a"Let's go" response from me
Instead I replied  "I've Got A Lady"
She smiled and said "So?!"
I Said "I Love Her, So You Can Leave"
And She quickly replied "No."
I Said "Here's A happy photo Of Us & our little Fam"
She said "Oh."
I Smiled And She Finally Realize She Had To Go...
I thought I'd be sitting all alone
Then she decided to take a seat
"My name is blah blah blah blah blah
And you it is my pleasure to meet."
"Umm, thank you" I said with a half smile
Feeling where this was gonna lead
"I've actually got a lot to do
I've got this script I've got to read."
"Oh, your an actor
That makes sense cause I knew I've seen you before
But forget about tv and magazines
I would like to see more"
"I'm flattered Madame, I truly am
But there's something you need to know
I've got a lady and I've found my soul mate
So there's no place for this to go."
"But I'm only in town Like 4 times a year..."
"Umm, okay, let me be more clear.
 No way in hell am I cheating
You and me ain't gonna be
Again I've been blessed with a gem
Even a blind man could see."
"Sigh, I can't believe you're saying no
You're bent on this 'I'ma be faithful' kick,
Well understand I don't want to take your 'Queens' place
I just want to feel her King's dick."
"Alright Ms. I didn't get your name
Nor do I particularly care
Our pleasant conversation is done now
So would you kindly leave that chair."
"Pfftt, your loss" She said as she left
"But I'll see you again one day.
Oh, and for the record,
You've got one lucky lady."
I smiled and nodded as she left
If only to be polite
But the one thing that I knew more than any
Was that I couldn't wait to see my girl that night.
I got home late, after some drinks
She fell asleep on the couch
Waiting up for me
"My lady is a luck girl I thought"
As I watched her sleep,
Picked her up and carried her to bed & thought
Nah. The lucky one is me.

www.MarkSparks.com
www.MarkSparksWrites.com
Twitter - @MarkSparksInc
Facebook - The RealMarkSparks

No comments: