Monday, February 3, 2014

Poem - Jigga What? (Moment Of Clarity/Song Cry) or 'How I felt after seeing Jay-Z in Concert'

In my mind for awhile
No brother was any bigger
But I was all confused when I went
To see my brother Jigga
He had a bunch of white folks
Chanting out the word 'nigga'
My big brother broke my heart
Damn go figure
That my moment of clarity
Would come when I went to see Jigga
And I can't see 'em coming down my eyes
So I got to let my words cry
I can't see 'em coming down my eyes
So I'ma just let my words cry
Out that what I saw was bullshit
And I'm having a cow
Confused as hell
Trying to figure out how
We've gone backwards so far
And so gosh darn fast
Don't believe me?
Listen to rap music
Where I hear repeatedly on the radio
About 'niggers' & 'bitches' & 'gettin' ass'
Oh, and fast cash
So fast that we're taught
To use rubber bands as wallets
Cause it's made to quickly
Snap from our pockets
But now I'm stating the obvious
On one hand there's a president
Who is a 'minority'
But on the other we turn words of hate
Into the majority
A new form of slavery
With a new kind of master
And if we don't start paying attention
We're headed for disaster
For a terrible mess
For a repeat of history
Because the direction we are going
Leads back to where we used to be
Or maybe that's just me
My brother Jigga
Came to my home town
Sold out the ACC
And during his show
He confused the hell outta me
Now I'm searching for answers
Sad, working to figure out 'why'
But since
I can't see 'em coming down my eyes
I gotta let my words cry (words cry)
I can't see 'em coming down my eyes
So I gotta let my words cry…




If You Enjoyed This Piece, Please Subscribe To www.MarkSparksWrites.com by entering Your email address in the top right hand corner of the page, and don't hesitate to leave a comment. Thank You.




No comments: