Monday, November 29, 2010

Poem - Sleep Walking

I walk while I should be asleep
I figure if my mind don't rest then why should my feet?
I sleep walk cause my path isn't made for me
And when you think I'm sleeping I'm working hard you see.
I believe
That is how I am able to achieve
Something greater than what was first given to me.
No father, but that's okay
I was given a Spark
And the ability from God
To hit my Mark
And it's been dark
In my life on a few occasions
No, I'm not complaining - I'm only saying.
I've been on my knee's doubled over in pain praying
Wondering if the moment was it
If the words I'd heard were true - Mark you ain't Shi...
...


Nope.
I refused to believe that mess.
And now my pressure is a different stress
But I digress
I repeat I walk while I should be asleep
I figure if my mind don't rest then why should my feet?
To bed at four am up at 6
I wish
Sometimes it wasn't so
But when I go
I will know.
I stretched every once out of what God has given me
So until I'm gone I choose to BE.
So I repeat I walk while I should be asleep
I figure if my mind don't rest then why should my feet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy the lyrical like placement of your words and the fun word play you weave through your message. Thank youf or the inspiration to take it all in...